Google
Miss Pressley: First Steps

Friday, May 26, 2006

First Steps

Now that I have determined what I want to do, I need to figure out how I'm going to get there!

I have questions about where I currently fit into the process to get to the point of applying to a school.

I have oodles of credits in just about everything! I attended a state school over 20 years ago and took the following relavant courses:

  • Bio 1 & 2
  • Chem 1 & 2
  • Org Chem
  • BioChem
  • Micro
  • Immunology
  • Genetics
  • Physics 1 & 2
  • Calc

I became a Respiratory Therapist about 8 years after leaving the state school and took Micro again, Anatomy and Physiology and other courses related to the discipline of Respiratory Therapy. I am still an RCP and work PRN. I received an A.A.S in Respiratory from the community college I attended.

I applied to a state school about 7 years after becoming an RCP and obtained my BS in I.S. and currently work in the IT department of a local hospital.

I've posted this information on a couple of other interesting and helpful sites with forums for folks to are pursuing the higher calling of medicine - MomMD and StudentDoctorNetwork - and hope to gain insight towards a direction by others who are currently traveling in the same direction as I am.

I'll post responses/suggestions as they come available.

BTW - I have planned to attend the OldPreMeds Conference in Arlington, VA in June. Check out their site for more information - OldPreMeds.

No comments:

Blog Archive