Google
Miss Pressley: T-Day

Saturday, November 29, 2008

T-Day

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving day. I had a great time with my family! In fact, I was able to save the turkey I overcooked with the use of fat-free, low sodium chicken broth. Good stuff...

I'm winding down with school right now. The next exam will be the final for organic chem - which is causing me to shake in my boots a bit. The exam after that will be for biochem in January, after I return from training in Wisconsin.

That reminds me, I still have a third (and final) exam to take for work this coming Friday. And, I need to polish up the project I handed in for a higher grade (got a 90% - working on getting 100%). A project I will be working on at the hospital is taking off, so I will be very busy over the next few months.

In between studying organic chemistry (...nucleophilic substitution and elimination reactions...), and studying for my exams at work, I try to read for pleasure (is there such a thing anymore?...). I found a book a few months ago named, Hospital: Man, Woman, Birth, Death, Infinity, Plus Red Tape, Bad Behavior, Money, God and Diversity on Steroids. It's going to take me along time to read because of everything else going on, but the story is centered around the author's experience in Maimonides Hospital in New York. She spent a year at the hospital documenting as she went along. I like to book so far. The author is very good at presenting the players (and playees - I'm sure that's not a word, but just work with me for now...) involved in a huge hospital that is more diverse than anything I could imagine. If you've worked in a hospital for a while, those stories will resonate with you.

I'd also like to read Why Black People Can't Lose Weight: The Psychology, The Challenge, and The Solution To Overall Wellness. African Americans have a serious problem with obesity. I'm curious to find out what the author has to contribute to solution. Maybe I'll get to this book in April or so.

Well, that's all for now. I am going to buckle down and study tomorrow - organic chem is the priority. Then I'll work on organizing my notes for biochem. Have a good one!

No comments:

Blog Archive