Google
Miss Pressley: Moving Along

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Moving Along

I thought I'd take the time to post, since I haven't done so for a few days.

I am still working out getting to the OldPreMeds Conference next week. And, frankly, I am excited about attending! I am expecting to network and just have a good time learning about my options.

I also had the opportunity to meet the admissions counselor I've been emailing about a post-bac program in my area tonight at my child's high school. I will continue to follow-up with her and the director to see if their program would be the right fit for me. I'm expecting the director to email me soon. In the meantime, I plan to attend an open house at the institution early next week. It's all about keeping my options open and continuing to pursue opportunities.

I have someone who is acting as a coach for me through this process and I really appreciate her help. She has encouraged me to remember to take one step at a time and not to become overwhelmed by doing too much at one time. That'll come soon enough!!

On a side note, I just wanted to say how proud I am of my daughter. She is really growing up! She is also realizing the importance of networking! It was quite a pleasure to see her network with the admissions directors of a local college this evening. She did it all without my assistance! She's quite a young lady! She's planning to take college courses next year through her high school. I am, indeed, very proud of her and love her much.

I can't leave my son out of the picture. I affectionately refer to him (at times) as the "Big One". Well, he made dinner this evening and even washed the dishes. He made quite a meal! Love ya' son!

I'll continue to add more soon! God Bless!

No comments:

Blog Archive