Google
Miss Pressley: Next Steps!

Friday, July 14, 2006

Next Steps!

I finally got word from the university that I've been accepted to their "Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Integrative Sciences with a concentration in Premedical Studies". The university sent a "congrats" certificate which was pretty cool. I also made an appointment for next week to meet with the financial aid director, as well as a faculty member from the post-bacc program. I really need to figure out how I'm going to pay for this now!

I've just had an enlightening and intelligent conversation with my kids about going back to school. I really appreciate their opinions and I'm taken aback by their ability to be candid and frank with their mom! My son expressed his concern for me attending and stated he wasn't for my returning. But, my daughter thinks my return is great and seemed genuinely happy for me. We talked for over an hour and shared alot about all of our goals, not just mine. The talk was very productive! I love them very much!

I also joined an online organization called Chromosome Deletion Outreach, Inc. The non-profit organization was founded by parents who have or had children with various rare chromosomal disorders. I've been aware of the site for some time, but finally joined. I have a vested interest in the topic because of my daughter who was born with a rare deletion. The site provides a vast array of information about genetic disorders - translocations, deletions and more. I wish I had tapped into an organization like this years ago! But, better late than never!

That's all for now! I'll update next week after my meeting with the faculty at the university!

No comments:

Blog Archive