Google
Miss Pressley: The Fall

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Fall

It's official now - I am a student at Harrisburg University, enrolled in their Post-Bac Premed Program. I've met with my advisor and had a great conversation with her regarding my plans. I've purchased the books (found the textbook at Half.com and saved about $50) and I'm really looking forward to taking the class.

I must admit, however, I am feeling some apprehension about taking this class. I haven't had Chemistry in 20 years! Sometimes I wonder if I'm up for the challenge - but I am learning I have to only meet the challenge, one step at a time. I know I'm not the only one who has had "second thoughts" about going this direction, as evidenced in the posts on Oldpremeds and the Student Doctor Network. But, it's a journey I am beginning to take and I am looking forward to the ride!

I've read some really inspirational stories on the Student Doctor Network. Check them out for yourself. The accounts from others who have made their way to becoming physicians helps me to know and understand, it IS possible!

No comments:

Blog Archive