Google
Miss Pressley: Update, Update!

Monday, September 25, 2006

Update, Update!

It's been a while since I've posted and I sincerely apologize! I've been so busy!

The chem class is going well. I've had a lab report due, as well as a quiz that I totally forgot about... I got an "A" on the quiz (which was great since I didn't study for it as I would have liked - thank God for short-term memory!).

I am getting used to the students in my class, but I'm not sure they're getting used to me yet. I must admit, it is somewhat awkward at times. Sometimes I don't have much to say to them because I've just gotten off the highway, searched for a parking spot and "hoofed it" to class. But, all in all, they are pretty cool.

Our first lab was interesting and simple - on density. I wasn't clear on what we were supposed to do, or what we were supposed to be experimenting on, but I eventually got it. I had to do a huge lab report (it's huge to me anyway) and I still have to turn in my lab notebook (I think).

I had my first chem TEST today. It took me about 1 1/2 hours. Boy, I haven't done one of those since 1980 something... The only good thing about the test was that I did all of the problems on this one... Past tests had at least 3 problems that I just gave up on and did not do anything with - not even for partial credit. I suspect a classmate of mine (or two or four) did the same thing today. You could cut the test frustration, angst and anxiety with a butter knife!

I hope I passed the test. Remember - my decision to move forward with pursuing medicine or doing something else hinges upon my success with this class. So, we'll see!

I'm going to sign off now and get a little rest. The weather is changing and my allergies are keeping up with the changes. I'm tired as a result. Talk to you later!

No comments:

Blog Archive