Google
Miss Pressley: Still Trying to Work it Out!

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Still Trying to Work it Out!

Man, nothing worth anything comes easy! I'm still trying work different angles to take pre-reqs. Then I remembered about the UC Berkeley Extension offering online science classes as well as the University of New England. I have concluded, though, that financial aid can't be used for the distance education classes I'm considering. That means I need to come up with the money to pay for the classes...

I also checked back with Drexel's Evening Post-Bac program, just to see if they were offering an open house anytime soon. I'll drive to Philly to talk to someone about the program. I don't know what I'll do with what I find out about the program, but I'm just throwing it out there.

The thing that gets me is that there is a post bac program 15 minutes away from me, but all of the classes are offered in the day - when I can't get off of work to be there. I would need to quit my job in I.T. and work as a therapist again (most likely) for more of a flexible work schedule. I think I could get back into the grind of suctioning, obtaining ABGs and throwing on a breathing treatment on a more regular basis... Eight or twelve hour shifts... Ten hour shifts... I'd need to make sure I have health insurance for my daughter, who's in college right now-and myself, for that matter. Besides, I haven't thrown out the possibility of the nursing thing! I just want to make sure I have exhausted my options for the doctor thing first.

Either way I look at it, I'm looking at a major life change to accommodate my unending desire to become a doctor. I did it before (to obtain my BS degree in Information Systems), so I know I could do it again. My kids are older and pretty much on their own.

Gee whiz, you'd think I'd find something else better to do with myself. Oh, decisions, decisions!!

No comments:

Blog Archive