Google
Miss Pressley: Whew! What a Summer!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Whew! What a Summer!

It has been months since I posted! Here's a brief explanation of what I've been doing since April:

  • Remained in the post-bac program at Penn State Brandywine
  • Attended the OPM Conference in D.C. and met some really cool people
  • Started a new job at a different hospital
  • Traveled to Wisconsin for training (for the new job - that's where I'm updating the blog)
Notice that none of the bullet points say anything like, "vacation" or "beach" or "visit relatives in other states...". Yes, it has been that busy.

The post-bac program really takes up most of my time. Boy, this program can be pretty intense and working full-time makes it more difficult. But, I'm making my way through. I've taken the time to speak with my bio professor about the pace and to just talk about the future... She's a great lady and very encouraging. So, I'm still in and moving along.

My new job requires me to become certified in the application I will be working in - so, I have three tests and two projects to complete for that to happen. The balancing act between the job and school can be more than challenging! And then, there are those clothes to wash, those darned bills to pay - and, oh, folding the washed and dried clothes - that should be done, too. Believe it or not, though, folding clothes can be quite calming and restful.

It'll be a while before I post again, because of all of the stuff I have to do! I'm taking Physiology and Chem 2 and will be done in the middle of September. Then, Physics, Organic Chemistry and Biochemisty start. Dear God, give me strength!

BTW - my kids are doing well. My daughter is in her sophomore year and plans to obtain her Associate's degree from the college she attends. Her goal is to then attend a college to major in music technology. My son is working and interested in moving in the music technology direction as well. So, we're all hanging in there and moving along! Thank God for that!

Until next time! -- LM

Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
Langston Hughes

http://www.inspirational-quotes.info/dreams.html

No comments:

Blog Archive